Monday, September 11, 2023

Biggest artists of the 70's in Australia

#1 Elvis Presley

Hit singles

Suspicious minds
Don't cry daddy
The wonder of you
Kentucky rain
I've lost you
You don't have to say you love me
Burning love
Separate ways
My boy
Way down

#2 Beatles

Hit singles

Something
Let it be
The long and winding road

#3 Cliff Richard

Hit singles

Devil woman
We don't talk anymore

#4 Elton john

Hit singles

Your song
Rocket man
Crocodile rock
Daniel
Goodbye yellow brick road
Candle in the wind
Lucy in the sky with diamonds
Philadelphia freedom
Island girl
Don't go breaking my heart
Part time love
Song for guy

#5 Rolling stones

Hit singles

Brown sugar
Angie
Miss you

#6 Michael Jackson

Hit singles

Ben
Don't stop till you get enough

#7 Bee gees

Hit singles

Lonely days
How can you mend a broken heart
Run to me
My world
Mr. natural
Jive talking
How deep is your love
Staying alive
Night fever
Too much heaven
Tragedy

#8 Abba

Hit singles

Waterloo
I do I do I do I do I do
SOS
Mamma Mia
Rock me
Fernando
Dancing queen
Money money money
Knowing me knowing you
The name of the game
Summer night city
Chiquitita
Does your mother know
Gimme gimme gimme

#9 John Farnham

Hit singles

Raindrops keel falling on my head
Comic conversation
Everything is out of season
Rock me baby
You don't know it's magic

#10 Perry Como

Hit singles

And I love you so
For the good times

#11 Rod Stewart

Hit singles

Maggie may
You wear it well
Sailing
Tonight's the night
You're in my heart
Do ya think I'm sexy

#12 Olivia newton john

Hit singles

If not you
Banks of the Ohio
Let me be there
Long live love
I honestly love you
If you love me
Have you never been mellow
You're the one that I want
Hopelessly devoted to you
Summer nights
A little more love

#13 Tom jones

Hit singles

She's a lady
Say you'll stay until tomorrow

#14 Billy Joel

Hit singles

Just the way you are
My life

#15 Queen

Hit singles

Bohemian rhapsody
Somebody to love
We are the champions

#16 Sherbet

Hit singles

Cassandra
Slipstream
Silvery moon
Summer love
Life
Only one you
Child's play
Howzat
Rock me gently
Magazine Madonna
Another night on the road

#17 Beach boys

Hit singles

Cottonfields

#18 Hollies

Hit singles

He ain't heavy he's my brother
Too young to be married
Long cool woman in a black dress
The air that I breathe

#19 Ac/dc

Hit singles

High voltage
It's a long way to the top
Jailbreak

#20 David bowie

Hit singles

Space oddity
Sorrow
Heroes

#21 Carpenters

Hit singles

Close to you
We've only just begun
For all we know
Hurting each other
Top of the world
Yesterday once more
Please Mr. postman
Calling occupants of interplanatery craft

#22 Col joye

Hit singles

Heaven is my woman's love

#23 Suzi Quatro

Hit singles

Can the can
48 crash
Daytona demon
Devil gate drive
Too big
The wild one
Your mama won't like me
If you can't give me love
Stumbling in

#24 Leo sayer

Hit singles

The show must go on
Long tall glasses
Moonlighting
You make me feel like dancing
When I need you
Thunder in my heart

#25 Dragon

Hit singles

April sun in Cuba
Are you old enough

#26 Fleetwood mac

Hit singles

Tusk

#27 Cher

Hit singles

Gypsys tramps and thieves
Half breed

#28 Neil diamond

Hit singles

Holly Holy
Crackling Rosie
I am I said
Song sung blue
Longfellow serenade
You don't bring me flowers

#29 Dr hook

Hit singles

Sylvia's mother
Only sixteen
A little bit more
Walk right in
Sharing the night together

#30 Daryl Braithwaite

Hit singles

You're my world
Old Sid
Love has no pride

#31 Donna summer

Hit singles

Love to love you baby
I feel love
Macarthur park
Heaven knows
Hot stuff
No more tears

#32 Little river band

Hit singles

Curiosity
Help is on its way

#33 Creedence clearwater revival

Hit singles

Down on the corner
Traveling band
Run through the jungle
Looking out my back door
Have you ever seen the rain
Sweet hitch hiker

#34 Wings

Hit singles

Mary had a little lamb
My love
Live and let die
Helen wheels
Junior's farm
Listen to what the man said
Mull of kintyre
With a little luck
Goodnight tonight

#35 Paul Anka

Hit singles

Having my baby

#36 Skyhooks

Hit singles

Horror movie
Ego is not a dirty word
All my friends are getting married
Million dollar riff
Blue jeans
Women in uniform

#37 Aztecs

Hit singles

Most people I know

#38 Sweet

Hit singles

The ballroom blitz
Teenage rampage
Peppermint twist
Fox on the run
Action
The lies in your eyes
Love is like oxygen

#39 Electric light orchestra

Hit singles

Living thing
Rockaria
Telephone line
Shine a little love
Don't bring me down

#40 John Paul young

Hit singles

Yesterday's hero
The love game
I hate the music
Keep on smiling
I wanna do it with you
Love is in the air
Standing in the rain

#41 Four seasons

Hit singles

December 1963

#42 Kiss

Hit singles

I was made for loving you
Sure know something

#43 Marcia Hines

Hit singles

From the inside
I just don't know what to do with myself
What I did for love
You
Something's missing

#44 Stevie wonder

Hit singles

Yester me yester you yesterday
You are the sunshine of my life

#45 Glen Campbell

Hit singles

All I have to do is dream
Honey come back
It's only make believe
Bonaparte's retreat
Rhinestone cowboy

#46 Alice cooper

Hit singles

Department of youth
You and me
How you gonna see me now

#47 Blondie

Hit singles

In the flesh
Heart of glass

#48 Bette Midler

Hit singles

Boogie woogie bugle boy

#49 Simon and Garfunkel

Hit singles

Bridge over troubled water
Cecilia
El condor pasa

#50 Who

Hit singles

Won't get fooled again

#51 Hot chocolate

Hit singles

Emma
You sexy thing
So you win again
Every 1's a winner
I'll put you together again

#52 Bay city rollers

Hit singles

Bye bye baby
Give a little love
Money honey
Rock and roll love letter
I only wanna be with you
Love me like I love you
It's a game

#53 Smokie

Hit singles

Living next door to Alice
It's your life
Lay back in the arms of someone
Needles and pins
Oh carol


#54 Paul McCartney

Hit singles

Another day
Uncle albert


#55 Status quo

Hit singles

Down down
Roll over lay down
Wild side of life
Rocking all over the world


#56 Boney m

Hit singles

Daddy cool
Baker street
The rivers of Babylon
Rasputin
Hooray hooray it's a holi holiday


#57 Chicago

Hit singles

25 or 6 to 4
If you leave me now

#58 Russell Morris

Hit singles

Mr. America
Sweet sweet love
Live with friends
Wings of an eagle


#59 Slade

Hit singles

Cuz I luv you
Mama weer all crazee now
Gudbye t'jane
Tak me bak ome

#60 Kinks

Hit singles

Lola
Apeman


#61 Air supply

Hit singles

Love and other bruises
Lost in love


#62 Billy ocean

Hit singles

Love really hurts without you


#63 David Essex

Hit singles

Rock on
Gonna make you a star
Hold me close
City lights


#64 Ted mulry gang

Hit singles

Falling in love again (solo)
Jump in my car
Darktown strutters ball
Crazy
Jamaica rum
My little girl


#65 Helen Reddy

Hit singles

I don't know how to love him
I am woman
Delta dawn
Leave me alone
Angie baby


#66 Dire straits

Hit singles

Sultans of swing


#67 George Harrison

Hit singles

My sweet lord
What is life
Give me love


#68 Ray Stevens

Hit singles

Everything is beautiful
The streak
Misty


#69 Gary glitter

Hit singles

Rock and roll
Hello hello I'm back again
Do you wanna touch me
I'm the leader of the gang
I love you love me love


#70 Cat Stevens

Hit singles

Peace train
Morning has broken


#71 Barbra Streisand

Hit singles

The way we were
Evergreen
You don't bring me flowers
No more tears


#72 Carly Simon

Hit singles

I've got to have you
You're so vain
Mockingbird
Nobody does it better


#73 Bryan ferry

Hit singles

Let's stick together
The price of love
This is tomorrow


#74 John Denver

Hit singles

Annie's song
I'm sorry


#75 Ol 55

Hit singles

On the prowl
Stay
Looking for an echo
Rocking Christmas


#76 Village people

Hit singles

San Fransisco
Macho man
Y.M.C.A
In the navy


#77 Mi-sex

Hit singles

Computer games


#78 Jon English

Hit singles

Hollywood seven
Words are not enough
Six ribbons


#79 Sammy Davis Jr

Hit singles

The candy man


#80 Barry manilow

Hit singles

Mandy
I write the songs
Can't smile without you
Copacabana


#81 10cc

Hit singles

Rubber bullets
I'm not in love
The things we do for love
Dreadlock holiday


#82 Partridge family

Hit singles

I think I love you
I'll meet you halfway
I woke up in love this morning
Doesn't somebody want to be wanted
Breaking up is hard to do


#83 Kate bush

Hit singles

Wuthering heights


#84 John Lennon

Hit singles

Imagine


#85 Kenny rogers

Hit singles

Something's burning
Lucille


#86 Paul Simon

Hit singles

Mother and child reunion

#87 Captain and Tennille

Hit singles

Love will keep us together
The way I want to touch you
Lonely night


#88 Don Mclean

Hit singles

American pie
Vincent
If we try


#89 Dawn

Hit singles

Candida
Knock three times
Tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree
Say has anybody seen my sweet gypsy rose


#90 Tina Charles

Hit singles

I love to love
Dance little lady dance
Dr love


#91 Linda Ronstadt

Hit singles

Blue bayou


#92 Mary Hopkins

Hit singles

Temma harbour
Knock knock who's there


#93 Meat loaf

Hit singles

You took the words right out of my mouth
Two out of three ain't bad


#94 Daddy cool

Hit singles

Eagle rock
Come back again
D.C.E.P
Hi honey ho


#95 Bob Dylan

Hit singles

Knocking on heaven's door
Hurricane


#96 New seekers

Hit singles

Look what they've done to my song ma
I'd like to teach the world
I get a little sentimental over you
You won't find another fool like me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Billboard charts 90's I

Well, I've mentioned them thoroughly throughout my site, so I guess it's finally time to look at which songs were popular on the Bil...