Friday, July 7, 2023

Bibliography

Well I have done my best to be as factual as I can on this site, as such I feel I need to include a bibliography here to ensure my readers can fact check what I've said to ensure that I'm not pulling theirs legs.


A good place to discover new music in general, has a vast database on musicians and their catalogue.


The current charts that track what's popular in Australia


A database for the ARIA charts, also includes links to information on the AMR charts.


A good source of information for music artist and their catalogues.


The official charts for NZ.


A database for the NZ charts.


Official website for the Billboard charts, America's way of tracking popular music.


Official website for the British charts.


A popular database for the British charts.


Official website for Triple J.


Fan website for TV series Countdown. 


Another fan site for Countdown that helped me contextualise popular music from the 70s and 80s.


Unofficial site that overlooks the Go-set charts.


This contains some of the reproduced charts of the NZ Listener charts, unfortunately this site is incomplete, however the full set can be found on the NZ database from earlier.


This site reproduces many of the charts that I've used to create my lists both here and for my Rateyourmusic account.

This next section contains websites that inspired this website.


This inspired my list format, also includes audio of just about every song to ever chart in Australia.


This person lived through my favourite years in music, I recommend this site if you want more personal commentary of songs from the 20th century.


I got the idea to introduce my entries with their album art from this site.


This site has been a huge source of inspiration for my writing style.

Finally some sites I recommend you avoid.

Wikipedia

AKA the goldmine for misinformation, articles are highly biased and often lacking credible sources (assuming they're even correct with the information they provide.)

Rolling Stone magazine.

Highly biased, complete with poorly written articles and a sense of smug superiority.

Pitchfork

A site I previously took inspiration from that resulted in the failure of my older sites. Everything I did wrong can be found here, biased commentary on songs and albums, mean spirited attempts at humour to justify my hatred of certain bands and artists and just an overwhelming sense of unhappiness.

Watchmojo

More for their quantity over quality approach, basically the opposite of pitchfork in that they're too impersonal with their commentary that it results in soulless content.

Fandom

Obviously biased towards the bands/artists they're based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biggest hits in NZ late 00's IV

This list covers the second half of the 00's in NZ as I felt it was unfair to compare the first half of the decade to the second half du...